Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
For the Soup:
- Spinach: washed and chopped, 2 cup
- Corn: ½ Cup
- Cashew: 1 tablespoon
- Onion: 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
- Garlic clove: 1, small
- Green bell pepper: 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
- Green chill: ½, finely chopped or crushed
- Butter: 1 Tablespoon
- Corn Flour: 1 tablespoon
- Milk Cream: 1 tablespoon
- Water: As required
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar or honey: 1/2 teaspoon
For the Crispy Bread Cubes:
- Bread slice: 2
- Oil: for deep fry
- Blend spinach, cashew and ¼ cup of sweet Corn kernels to smooth puree. Strain the mixture and keep aside.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon butter in a pan. Add garlic, onion, green chili and green bell pepper. Sauté till onions are soft and transparent, not golden.
- Add green chili, 1/4 tablespoon corn kernels and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the corn flour. Sauté for 1 minute in medium heat.
- Add the strained puree, salt, black pepper, sugar. Adjust water for the consistency. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until it starts to boil.
- Add fresh Milk cream and cook in medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Cut the bread slices into 1 inch squares and deep fry them.
- Enjoy the crispy bread cubes with the soup.
- You may add 1 tablespoon finely chopped spring onion while serving.