Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 16-20 minutes
- Parwal: 4, medium sized
- Salt: ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Sugar: ½ Teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Red chili powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder: 1 Teaspoon
- Grated coconut: 1 Tablespoon
- Roasted Besan (Gram Flour): 1 Tablespoon
- Oil: 1/2 Tablespoon
- Milk Cream: 1 Tablespoon
- Wash the parwals.
- Cut the top and bottom of the parwals. Trim the outer layer.
- Cut in the middle of each parwal lengthwise and take out the seeds and pulp. Do not break it into pieces while cutting.
- Keep aside.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, grated coconut, roasted gram flour and milk cream. Mix well.
- Fill this mixture into the parwals equally.
- Heat remaining oil in a kadai or pan.
- Add stuffed parwals, cover and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Keep turning occasionally (3-4 times).
- When parwals are soft, remove cover and increase the heat.
- Keep stirring till all sides are evenly golden brown in color.
- Serve hot.