Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Rice: 1 ½ Cup
- Curd: 1 ½ Cup
- Water: as required
- Oil / ghee: 1 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Dried Red chili: 1
- Green chili: 1, chopped, crushed or paste
- Ginger: 1 teaspoon, chopped, crushed or paste
- Roasted Chana Dal (Dalia): ½ Tablespoon
- Peanuts: 1 tablespoon
- Curry Leaves: 4-5
- Salt: 1 ½ Teaspoon or taste
- Sugar: ½ Teaspoon (optional)
- Cumin powder: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Leaves: 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Whisk curd well and keep aside.
- Cook rice till 90% done. Keep aside.
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan. Add mustard seeds, dried red chili and curry leaves. After 30 seconds add ginger, green chili, peanuts. Roast for 1 minute and add roasted chana dal, salt, cumin powder. Mix and turn off the heat.
- Add rice and curd. Mix well while heat is off.
- Turn on the heat and cook in medium heat for 10 minutes or till rice is completely cooked.
- Turn off the heat and add coriander leaves.