Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- Split Green gram (Moong Dal): ½ cup
- Split Red gram (Tuvar dal / Arhar dal): ¼ Cup
- Split Bengal gram (Chana dal): ¼ cup
- Spinach (palak): 2 cups, chopped
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Oil or Ghee: 1 Tablespoon
- Cumin seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Ginger: finely chopped, 1 teaspoon
- Green Chili: finely chopped, 1 teaspoon
- Bay Leaf (Tej patta): 1
- Clove (laung spice): 1
- Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder: 1 Teaspoon
- Garam masala: ½ Teaspoon
- Asafoetida (Hing): 1 pinch
- Curry Leaves: 4-5
- Red Dried Chili: 1
- Coriander leaves: finely chopped, 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice: ½ Tablespoon
- Water: 2 cup or as required
- Combine the lentils (dals) and wash them 2-3 times. Soak it in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil or ghee in pressure cooker or pan. Add cumin seeds and when they change color add dried red chili, curry leaves, bay leaf, clove and asafetida. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Add ginger and green chili. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add spinach and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add drained lentils (dal), salt, red chili powder, garam masala and turmeric powder and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water and let it boil.
- Cover the lid and cook for 3 whistle in medium heat or cook in pan until dal is completely cooked.
- Turn off the heat.
- While serving add coriander leaves and lemon juice.