Prep Time: 3 hours
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
For the bread
- All Purpose flour / Plain flour (Maida): 2 Cups
- Active dry Yeast: 2 Teaspoon
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Sugar: 2 Teaspoon
- Water: As required
For the Garlic flavor
- Butter: ¼ Cup
- Garlic cloves: 5-6
- Salt: ¼ Teaspoon
- Dried oregano: 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Add sugar and yeast in a bowl. Mix and add ¼ cup od warm water. Stir well. There should be no lumps. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Add flour and salt in bowl. Mix well. Add oil. Mix. Add the yeast water and knead the dough. Add more water if required to knead a very smooth dough. Cover it with a wet cloth and keep aside for 2 hours.
- The dough will increase in size. Now make a bread loaf with this dough and keep it on a baking sheet over a baking tray.
- In a small bowl melt the butter. Finely chop or crush the garlic cloves. You may use garlic paste. Add garlic in the melted butter. Add salt, dried oregano and pepper powder. Mix well.
- Grease the bread loaf with this garlic butter evenly on top and both sides. Cut the top of the loaf into 1-inch slices but keep the loaf intact from bottom.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree and bake the bread loaf for 25 minutes.
- Cut the slices completely and serve hot.