Prep Time: 3 hours
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
For the bread
- All Purpose flour / Plain flour (Maida): 2 Cups
- Active dry Yeast: 2 Teaspoon
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Sugar: 2 Teaspoon
- Water: As required
For the Garlic flavor
- Butter: ¼ Cup
- Garlic: 5-6 big cloves
- Salt: ¼ Teaspoon
- Dried oregano: 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Add sugar and yeast in a bowl. Mix and add ¼ cup of warm water. Stir well. There should be no lumps. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Add flour and salt in bowl. Mix well. Add oil. Mix. Add the yeast water and knead the dough. Add more water if required to knead a very smooth dough. Cover it with a wet cloth and keep aside for 2 hours.
- The dough will increase in size. Now make a bread loaf with this dough and keep it on a baking bread loaf pan.
- Cut the loaf into 1/2-inch thick slices from top, but keep the loaf intact from bottom.
- In a small bowl melt the butter. Finely chop or crush the garlic cloves. You may use garlic paste. Add garlic in the melted butter. Add salt, dried oregano and pepper powder. Mix well.
- Grease the bread loaf with this garlic butter evenly on top and both sides.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree and bake the bread loaf for 25-30 minutes.
- Take out the loaf, wait for 5 minutes and then cut the slices completely and serve hot.