Prep Time: 35 minutes
Ready In: 2 minutes
For the Strawberry syrup:
- Strawberry: trimmed, washed and chopped into 4 pieces, 2 cup
- Sugar: ¾ Cup
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon
- Lemon Juice: 2 tablespoons
- Water: 2 Cup
For the Juice:
- Strawberry Syrup: ¼ Cup
- Water: ¾ Cup
- Ice Cubes: 4-5
- In a bowl mix the sugar, salt, lemon juice and strawberry pieces. Toss well and keep it in fridge for 10-12 hours.
- In a heavy pan, add the mixture and water.
- Bring to a boil in medium heat, keep stirring.
- Reduce heat and cook until the mixture reduces to half
- Let it cool. Strain the mixture pressing hard to release all the juices.
- Pour into jars. Store in refrigerator. You can preserve it for 15-20 days.
- While serving, add 4-5 ice cubes in a glass and 3 tablespoons of the Strawberry syrup. Pour Chilled water and stir well.
- You may add ¼ teaspoon cumin powder and 3-4 mint leaves while serving.
- For Fresh juice, blend strawberry with water, lemon juice, salt and sugar. Strain the mixture and serve on glasses over ice cubes.
- While serving instead of water, you may use soda water.
- You may use a few drops of red food color while boiling the syrup.