Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Potato: 2 medium sized, peeled, washed and chopped into cubes
- Parwal: 6-7, trimmed, washed and chopped into cubes
- Tomato: 2 medium sized
- Ginger: crushed or paste, ½ teaspoon
- Green Chili: crushed or paste, ½ teaspoon
- Oil: 2 teaspoons
- Cumin Seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Salt: ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi): ½ Teaspoon
- Red chili powder: ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder: ½ teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Water: As required for the grave
- Heat oil in a pan or pressure cooker, add cumin seeds and when it changes color, roast tomato, ginger and chili.
- Add potato and parwal cubes, salt and turmeric powder. Sauté for 2-3 minute.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder. Mix well and cook it for another 1-2 minutes. Add water as you need the gravy consistency. Boil the gravy.
- Cover the pan or cooker and cook for 15 minutes or 1 whistle in medium heat or until potato and parwals are done.
- Turn off the heat.
- While serving add coriander leaves.