Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 8-10 Rotis
- Whole wheat flour(Aata): 2 Cups
- Cumin seeds: ½ teaspoon
- Hing (asafetida): 1 pinch
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi): ½ teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder: ½ teaspoon
- Salt: ½ Tablespoon or to taste
- Water: ¾ Cup or as required
- Oil/ghee: 2 Teaspoon
- Moong dal: ½ Cup
- Ghee/Oil to roast the parathas.
- Wash the moong dal 2-3 times and soak in water for 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and take the dal in a bowl.
- Add wheat flour, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, red chili powder, hing, 1 teaspoon oil. Mix well.
- Using water knead a soft dough. Cover the dough with a wet cloth and keep it aside for 10 minutes
- Divide the dough into 8-10 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball into 6-inch diameter circle.
- Heat Tawa and place the thepla on the tawa
- Flip after 30 seconds
- Add ½ teaspoon oil/ghee and roast both sides.
- Cook both sides until both sides are evenly cooked with golden brown spots (not black).
- Serve hot, or, keep them in a casserole or wrap them up in a kitchen towel or napkin.