Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Baingan (Eggplant): Washed and chopped into ½-inch circles or semicircles, 2 cups
- Rice Flour: ½ Cup
- Besan (Gram Flour): 1/4 cup
- Salt: 1 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
- Ginger, green chili paste: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Red chili powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Garam masala: ½ teaspoon
- Water: ¼ Cup or as required
- Oil: for deep fry or shallow fry
- Chat Masala: ¼ Teaspoon
- Add rice flour, besan, salt, ginger-chili paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala. Toss everything well.
- Add water and make a thick batter.
- Dip all the baingan pieces (eggplant pieces) into the batter, one by one.
- Deep fry in a pan or shallow fry on tawa.
- Once it is crispy for both sides, take out in a kitchen napkin and sprinkle chat masala.
- Serve hot.
- I tried baking them. Line the dipped pieces on a baking tray, grease using oil/butter and bake for 35 minutes in 400-degree F or 180-degree C.
- You may add garlic and onion paste in the batter as well.