Prep Time: 5 hours
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Sabudana (Sago): 1 cup
- Potato: 2 medium sized, boiled, peeled and mashed
- Peanut: ¼ Cup
- Rock salt: 1 ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Black Pepper Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Ginger: ½ Teaspoon, crushed or paste
- Green chili: ½ Teaspoon, crushed or paste
- Lemon Juice: ½ tablespoon
- Curry leaves: 4-5, chop into small pieces.
- Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon
- Oil: for deep fry
- Soak sabudana for minimum 4 hours or overnight. Drain all excess water and keep in the sieve for 30 minutes so all excess water will be removed.
- Dry roast the peanuts. Let it cool and grind coarsely.
- In a large bowl, mix soaked sabudana, mashed potato, grinded peanut, salt, black pepper powder, ginger, green chili, curry leaves, coriander leaves, lemon juice. Toss everything well.
- Divide into 12 equal portions. Roll each portion into ball and flatten them using hand to make small oval size balls.
- Heat oil in high flame for deep fry, add the balls and medium the heat. Fry them in medium heat until brown and crispy.
- Drain the excess oil and keep them on a kitchen napkin.
- Serve hot.