Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Serves: 16 cookies
- Plain Flour (Maida): 1 ½ Cup
- Butter or ghee: ¾ Cup
- Powdered Sugar: ½ Cup
- Salt: ¼ Teaspoon
- Baking Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Lemon Zest: 1 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice: 2 Tablespoon
- Water: As required to knead the dough
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F or 180 degree C.
- Sieve flour, salt, baking powder and keep aside.
- Beat the butter with sugar.
- Add lemon zest and lemon juice. Blend or whisk again.
- Add the flour mix, little at a time and fold gently. Add all the flour.
- Knead a very soft dough. If required use water or warm milk.
- Keep the dough in an air tight container and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 16 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Flatten each ball into 2-inch diameter circle.
- Or else, you can roll the dough into a large circle and use a cookie cutter to cut them into circles.
- Arrange the dough circles on a greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle little lemon zest and sugar on all cookies.
- Bake the cookies for about 12-15 minutes or till it turns golden brown.
- Remove the cookies out of the oven and serve hot. Or, allow them to cool completely and store the cookies in an airtight container.