For the Taco:
- Wheat Flour (aata): 1 cup
- Spinach puree: 1 cup
- Salt: ½ Teaspoon
- Red chili powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds: 1/4 Teaspoon
- Oil: 1 Tablespoon
- Water: As required
- Oil to Roast
For the filling:
- Green Grams: 2 cups
- Water: As required
- Onion: 1 small, finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 small, finely chopped
- Green chili: 1 small, finely chopped
- Cabbage: finely chopped, 1/2 cup
- Salt: 2 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice: 1 tablespoon
- Fresh Coriander leaves: chopped, 1 tablespoon
- Fresh Mint leaves: chopped, 1 tablespoon
- Grated Cheese: 2 tablespoons
- Tomato sauce or Red Pesto: 6 tablespoons
For the spinach Taco Base / Tortilla:
- Using flour, spinach puree, red chili powder, cumin seeds and salt, knead a very soft dough. If required use water. Add oil and knead again. Cover the dough with a wet cloth and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball into 4-6-inch diameter circle using a rolling pin.
- Heat Tawa and place the rolled circle.
- Flip it after 30 seconds
- Cook both sides until both sides are evenly cooked with golden brown spots (not black).
- Keep them on a kitchen towel and let them cool completely in room temperature.
- You may make the tortilla (roti) using the tortilla maker (roti maker).
For the Taco Shells:
There are many ways to make taco shells from the tortillas:
- Heat oil in pan. Put 1 tortilla in the oil and cook it for 20-30 seconds in medium flame. Flip it and using a tong fold this tortilla to half. Hold the folded tortilla using tong and fry the other side until golden brown and crispy. Triangular taco shell is ready.
- Or, Preheat the Oven to 350-degree F or 180-degree C. Brush both sides of all 6 tortillas with butter or oil. Then place each tortilla over two bars of the oven rack flowing downside. Bake for 10 minutes.
- You may place the tortillas on the back of muffin tray, between 4 muffin molds and brush it with oil. Bake for 15 minutes in 350 F.
For the sprouts:
- Take 2 cups of green grams. Wash them thoroughly 3 to 4 times in fresh water.
- Soak in water and leave them overnight.
- Drain the grams.
- Transfer the grams on to a muslin cloth and tie the cloth.
- Keep the cloth in a container at room temperature and cover with lid.
- The sprouts start coming within 5 to 6 hours. If you want longer sprouts, keep for a longer time.
For the Filling:
- Boil the Sprouts in pressure cooker only for 1 whistle or boil in a pan till 80% cooked. It should not be over-cooked.
- Add chopped onions, tomato, boiled potato, cabbage, green chili, salt, black pepper powder, lemon juice, coriander leaves, mint leaves, cheese. Mix well.
- Add 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce or red pesto on the taco shell.
- Fill 1 ½ tablespoon of the sprouts filling on each Taco shell.
- You may buy the ready taco shells and just prepare the filling at home.