Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Potato: 2, large
- Melted butter: 1 Tablespoon
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Dried Oregano: ½ Teaspoon
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise into 2 portions. Cut each portion lengthwise into 5-6 part.
- Wash them and drain the water. No need to peel them.
- In a baking tray place the potato pieces, add butter, salt, black pepper powder, dried oregano and whisk well. All potato pieces should be evenly coated with the mix.
- Preheat the oven to 400-degree F or 200-degree C.
- In a baking tray, line the potato wedges on a baking sheet.
- Cover the tray with an aluminium foil and prick 1 or 2 places with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil cover and bake for another 15-10 minutes.
- Serve with extra butter on top.
- You may cook the potatoes on cook top as well.
- Depending on the potato quality and thickness of the wedges, baking time may vary. So, after 20 minutes’ check if the potatoes are baked, and take them out or bake for some more time.
- You may add finely chopped garlic pieces.
- You may add grated cheese. Once potatoes are almost baked(80%), add cheese and bake again.