Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
For the kofta balls:
- Lauki (bottle gourd): 1 fresh
- Gram Flour (besan): 2 Cup
- Water: ¼ Cup or as required
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Carom seeds (Ajwain): ½ Teaspoon
- Coriander seeds (Gota dhania): ½ Teaspoon
- Asafoetida (Hing): 1 pinch
- Oil: For deep fry
For the Gravy:
- Oil: ½ Tablespoon
- Onion: 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- Ginger: ½ Teaspoon, finely chopped
- Garlic: ½ Teaspoon, finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- Green chili: 1, chopped
- Cashew nut: 7-8
- Cumin seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Salt: ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Turmeric: ¼ Teaspoon or to taste
- Red chili powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder: ¼ Teaspoon
- Fresh milk cream: 2 Tablespoon
- Milk: 2 Tablespoon
- Water: 1 Cup or as required
- Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon
- Peel the lauki, cut into 4 pieces and grate them. Transfer to a bowl. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out the water of the grated lauki and keep aside.
- Add the kofta ball ingredients in the grated lauki and make a thick paste. if required use the lauki water.
- Heat oil for deep fry.
- Take 1 small portion form the paste using hand or spoon and put in the frying pan.
- Like this divide the paste into 15-16 portions and deep fry each portion rolling as ball or cylinder.
- Take out the fried koftas on a kitchen napkin and keep aside.
- Blend onion, ginger, garlic to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Blend tomato and green chili to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Dry roast cashew nuts and using little water blend to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat ½ Tablespoon oil in another pan and add cumin seeds. When it changes color, add the onion paste. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and sauté for another 2 minutes
- Add Cashew paste, salt, turmeric, red chili powder, garam masala powder. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add milk, milk cream, water and let it boil.
- Once it starts to boil, add the fried kofta. Mix well. Cover the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add coriander leaves and serve.