Prep Time: 3 Hours
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Chana Dal: 1 Cup
- Water: As required
- Baking soda: ½ teaspoon
- Oil: For deep fry
- Salt: ½ Teaspoon
- Black Pepper Powder: ¼ Teaspoon
- Asafetida (Hing): 1 pinch
- Chat Masala: ¼ Teaspoon
- Nimbu sat (Citric Acid Powder or crystal): ¼ Teaspoon
- Wash chana dal 2-3 times and soak in water with baking soda for 2 hours.
- Drain the water completely and spread the Chana dal on a clean kitchen napkin for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the Chana dal in medium heat until crispy.
- Take out the fried Chana dal on an oil absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle salt, black pepper powder, asafetida, chat masala and powdered nimbu sat. Toss well.
- Serve with Tea or Let it cool and store in air tight container.