Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Moong dal (Split yellow grams): 1 cup
- Water: as required
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Ginger: ½ inch piece
- Green chili: 2
- Coriander Seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Hing (Asafoetida): 1 pinch
- Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon
- Oil: for deep fry
- Chat Masala: ½ Teaspoon
- Wash the moong dal 2-3 times and soak it water for 30 minutes. Drain all the excess water.
- Blend the drained moong dal with ginger and green chili to a very thick paste. If required then only use little water.
- Take out the paste in a bowl. Add salt, coriander seeds, coriander leaves and hing. Mix well.
- Take a small lemon size ball from the paste using hand or spoon and deep fry in medium heat until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain the excess oil and keep them on kitchen napkin.
- Fry all the balls and sprinkle little chat masala.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato sauce.
- If the paste is not enough thick to roll into balls and fry, then you may add little rice flour or gram flour.