Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
For the sandwich:
- Slice Bread: 4 pieces
- Potato: 2 medium sized, boiled, peeled and mashed
- Onion: ½ of a medium sized
- Ginger-garlic paste: 1 teaspoon
- Tomato: ½ of a medium sized
- Coriander Leaves: 1/2 tablespoon, chopped
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder (kali mirch): 1/2 Teaspoon
- Chat Masala Powder: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Green chili: 1/2 Teaspoon, chopped
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds: ½ teaspoon
For the pakodas:
- Gram Flour (besan): ¼ cup
- Water: ¼ cup or as required
- Salt: ¼ teaspoon or to taste
- Oil: for deep fry
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and when it changes color, add chopped onions. Sauté till light brown.
- Add tomato, green chilli, ginger garlic paste and sauté for 2 minutes or until tomatoes are mushy.
- Add mashed potato, salt, black pepper powder, chat masala powder. Sauté for another 4-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add coriander leaves.
- Take 1 slice of the bread and spread 2 tablespoons of the potato masala evenly on one side. Cover the masala with another slice of bread.
- Cut this sandwich into two equal triangle pieces or two rectangle pieces or 4 square pieces or 4 triangle pieces.
- Now in a bowl mix besan (gram flour), water and salt. Adjust water to make a thin dropping consistency batter. Whisk well. There should be no lumps.
- Take the sandwich pieces and roll in the besan batter. Well coat the batter all abound the sandwich.
- Now deep fry them first in high heat for 30 seconds, then in medium heat for 2-3 minutes until, light brown and crispy.
- Drain the excess oil and keep them on kitchen napkin.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.