Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- Split Green gram (Moong Dal): ½ cup
- Split Red gram (Tuvar dal / Arhar dal): ¼ Cup
- Split Bengal gram (Chana dal): ¼ cup
- Radish (Mooli): 2 cups, peeled, washed and chopped
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Oil or Ghee: 1 Tablespoon
- Cumin seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Ginger: finely chopped, 1 teaspoon
- Green Chili: finely chopped, 1 teaspoon
- Bay Leaf (Tej patta): 1
- Clove (laung spice): 1
- Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder: 1 Teaspoon
- Garam masala: ½ Teaspoon
- Asafoetida (Hing): 1 pinch
- Coriander leaves: finely chopped, 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice: ½ Tablespoon
- Water: 3 cup or as required
- Combine the lentils (dals) and wash them 2-3 times. Soak it in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil or ghee in pressure cooker or pan. Add cumin seeds and when they change color add bay leaf, clove and asafetida. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Add ginger and green chili. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add radish (mooli) and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add drained lentils (dal), salt, red chili powder, garam masala and turmeric powder and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water and let it boil.
- Cover the lid and cook for 3 whistle in medium heat or cook in pan until dal is completely cooked.
- Turn off the heat.
- While serving add coriander leaves and lemon juice.