Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Serves: 4 Paranthas
- Whole wheat Flour (Aata): 1 ¼ Cup
- Water: As required
- Sattu powder: 3 tablespoons
- Salt: ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Garam masala Powder: ¼ Teaspoon
- Cumin Powder: ¼ Teaspoon
- Red chili powder: ¼ Teaspoon
- Aamchur Powder: ¼ Teaspoon
- Oil / ghee / butter: 1 tablespoon and to roast the parathas
- Using wheat flour and water knead a soft dough. Add 1 teaspoon oil and knead again. Cover the dough with a wet cloth and keep aside.
- Take the sattu powder in a small bowl. Add salt, garam masala powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, aamchur powder, 1 tablespoon ghee / oil and mix well. Use enough oil to knead sattu powder as soft dough. Divide the sattu into 4 equal portions. Roll each portion into balls and flatten them.
- Take the wheat dough and divide into 4 portions.
- Roll out wheat ball to small 2-3 diameter circles, add a portion of prepared stuffing in the center, seal the edges and lightly roll out into 5-6-inch diameter circles or thick paranthas.
- Heat a non-stick tawa. Place one prepared parantha on it. Flip it after 30 seconds. Spread some ghee /oil. Flip to other side and apply ghee /oil. Roast till both sides are golden brown.
- You may add finely chopped or crushed onion, ginger, garlic, green chili in the sattu stuffing.
- If you like sweet paratha, add only 1 tablespoon sugar and ghee in sattu stuffing.