Prep Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Beetroot (Beet): 3 medium sized, boiled and mashed
- Potato: 2 medium sized, boiled and mashed
- Onion: 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- Ginger green chili, finely chopped or paste: 1 Teaspoon
- Chat masala or garam masala: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: ½ tablespoon or to taste
- Lemon juice: a few drops
- Corn flour: ½ Cup
- Oil: 1 tablespoon for tempering and as needed to fry the cutlets
- Cumin seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Bread Crumbs or semolina (Sooji) or grinded biscuits: ¼ Cup
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When it changes color, sauté onion, ginger, chili.
- Add boiled and mashed potato, beet and mix well.
- Add salt, chat masala, lemon juice and mix well.
- Fry the mix till it is completely dry and the raw smell of beet is gone.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Add bread crumbs and knead to a smooth dough. Divide the dough into 12 equal portions. Roll them into balls.
- Now, roll the prepared balls into the corn flour.
- Deep fry the balls until golden.
- To make Bread Crumbs, take bread that is 2-3 days old, dry it in the sun or room temperature and powder it in a mixer. Or, Pre-heat the oven to 180 Degree C. Then bake the bread on a tray for 10-15 minutes, cool and dry grind it in a mixer.