Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Plain Oats: 1 cup
- Rice flour: 2 tablespoons
- Curd: 2 tablespoons
- Salt: ½ teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Ginger-garlic-green chili: paste or crushed, 1 teaspoon
- Water: as required
- Oil: to roast
- Dry roast the oats for 4-5 minutes and grind to fine powder.
- Whish curd in a bowl. Add the powder, rice flour, salt, black pepper powder, ginger-garlic-green chilli and mix well
- Adding water make a thin dropping consistency batter. Add little water at a time and mix to check the consistency.
- Heat tawa.
- Heat a non-stick tawa. Pour 1 ladle or 3 tablespoons of the batter in tawa and spread it lightly to make a 4-5-inch diameter circle. Spread little oil over the circle. Cover and cook in high flame for 2 minutes.
- Flip it carefully. Spread little oil again. Cook it till it turns golden brown from both the sides.
- Take out and serve hot with chutney / tomato sauce.
- You may add finely chopped onion, tomato and spring onions.
- Roasting the oats and grinding are not necessary. You may mix all the ingredients and soak it for 20-30 minutes. Then make the pancakes/dosas.