Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Plain Rolled Oats: 1 cup
- Rice flour: 2 tablespoons
- Curd: 2 tablespoons
- Salt: ½ teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Ginger: finely chopped, 1/2 teaspoon
- garlic: finely chopped, 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chili: finely chopped, 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion: 1 Medium sized, chopped
- Tomato: 1 Medium sized, chopped
- Water: as required
- Oil: 1/2 tablespoon as required to roast the pancakes
- Dry roast the oats for 4-5 minutes and grind to fine powder.
- Whisk curd in a bowl. Add the roasted oats powder, rice flour, salt, black pepper powder. Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a pan.
- Saute onion, ginger and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato and green chili. Saute for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add this to oats and mix well.
- Adding water make a thin dropping consistency batter. Add little water at a time and mix to check the consistency.
- Heat a non-stick tawa. Pour 1 ladle or 3 tablespoons of the batter in tawa and spread it gently to make a 4-5-inch diameter circle. Spread little oil over the circle. Cover and cook in high flame for 2 minutes.
- Flip it carefully. Spread little oil again. Cook it till it turns golden brown from both the sides.
- Take out and serve hot with chutney / tomato sauce.
- Roasting the oats and grinding are not necessary. You may mix all the ingredients and soak it for 20-30 minutes. Then make the pancakes/dosas.