Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- All-purpose flour or plain flour: 1 ½ cup
- Melted Butter: ½ cup
- Powdered sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Baking powder: ½ teaspoon
- Milk: 1 tablespoon or as required
- Whisk butter, sugar and salt.
- Add flour and knead a stiff dough. If required use milk to knead. Do not over knead the dough. Otherwise biscuits would be hard.
- Cover the dough and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough into 1/8-inch thin circle. Cut into 2-inch x 1-inch rectangles using knife. Or use cookie cutter. Do not roll thick. You can cut in any required shapes.
- Line them in a baking sheet over a baking tray. Prick them evenly using a fork. It will help them from puffing.
- Bake them for 10 minutes in 350 F/ 180 C. Check if it is light golden and crispy. If not bake for another 5-10 minutes.