Prep Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 2 minutes
For the syrup:
- 2 cup tart cherries, washed and drained
- Sugar: 2 tablespoons
- Water: 3 Cup
For 1 cup Juice:
- Cherry syrup: ¼ cup
- Chilled water: ¾ cup
- Ice cubes: As required
- Add cherries, sugar and water in a large bowl.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for 10-15 minutes or until cherries burst and become mushy.
- Turn off the heat and strain the mix through a strainer.
- Pour into jars.
- Allow to cool before refrigerating. You can preserve it for 4-5 days.
- While serving, add 2-3 ice cubes in a glass, ¼ cup of the Cherry sauce. Pour ¾ cup of chilled water, stir well and serve.
- Blend Cherries until very smooth, about 1 minute. Pour mixture through a sieve into a bowl, pressing hard on solids.
- Serve Cherry juice over ice, in a glass.
- You may add few drops of lemon juice, 1 pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon of sugar/honey.