Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Besan (gram flour): 1 cup
- Salt: ½ teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Red chili powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Cumin seeds: ¼ teaspoon
- Onion: finely chopped, 1 tablespoon
- Tomato: finely chopped, 1 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves: finely chopped, 1 tablespoon
- Ginger: 1 teaspoon, finely chopped or crushed
- Green chili: 1, finely chopped or crushed
- Water: as required
- Oil: to roast
- In small bowl mix the chopped onion, tomato, coriander leaves, ginger and green chili.
- In another bowl mix gram flour, salt, black pepper powder, red chili powder, cumin seeds and mix well.
- Adding water make a thin dropping consistency batter. Add little water at a time and mix to check the consistency.
- Heat tawa.
- Pour 1 ladle or 3 tablespoons of the batter in tawa and spread it lightly to make a 4-5-inch diameter circle. Spread little chopped onion tomato mix on top of this.
- Spread little oil over the circle. press the onion tomato mix using a spatula gently.
- Cook in high flame for 2 minutes.
- Flip it carefully. Spread little oil again. Cook it for another 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook until it turns golden brown from both the sides.
- Take out and serve hot with chutney or tomato sauce.
- You may make it in mini chilla pan as well.