Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
For the chilla:
- Besan (gram flour): 1 cup
- Salt: ½ teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Red chili powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Cumin seeds: ¼ teaspoon
- Coriander leaves: finely chopped, 1 tablespoon
- Ginger: 1 teaspoon, finely chopped or crushed
- Green chili: 1, finely chopped or crushed
- Water: as required
- Oil: to roast
- Toothpick: 8
- Onion: cut into circles, 8 pieces
- Tomato: cut into circles, 8 pieces
- Green chutney: 2 tablespoons
- Tomato sauce: 2 tablespoons
- In a bowl mix gram flour, salt, black pepper powder, red chili powder, cumin seeds, coriander leaves, ginger, green chili and mix well.
- Adding water make a thin dropping consistency batter. Add little water at a time and mix to check the consistency.
- Heat tawa.
- Heat a non-stick tawa. Pour ½ tablespoons of the batter in tawa and spread it lightly to make a 2-inch diameter circle. Like this fill the completed tawa with mini chilla circles. I made 24 mini chillas.
- Spread little oil over the circles. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip it carefully. Spread little oil again. Cook it till it turns golden brown from both the sides.
- Take out all the mini chillas.
- Take a toothpick, insert 1 mini chilla to the ¾ depth of the toothpick
- Spread little green chutney and insert a tomato circle
- Again, insert a mini chilla and spread little tomato sauce
- Insert an onion circle and cover it with another mini chilla.
- Likewise make all the mini chilla bites.
- Sprinkle some chat masala and serve