Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 18-20 minutes
- Paneers cubes: 1 cup or approx. 250 gm
- Onion: 2 medium sized
- Tomato: 2 medium sized
- Green Bell Pepper: 1 medium sized
- Ginger: finely chopped, 1 Teaspoon
- Garlic: Finely Chopped, 1 Teaspoon
- Green Chili: Finely chopped, 1 Teaspoon
- Plain Curd: 2 Tablespoon
- Fresh milk cream: 2 tablespoons
- Oil /butter: 2 Tablespoon
- Cashew: 10-12
- Cumin Seeds: 1 Teaspoon
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon or to taste
- Black Pepper powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Red chili powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Garam Masala: ½ teaspoon
- Cinnamon Powder: ¼ Teaspoon
- Honey or Sugar: 1 Teaspoon (Optional)
- Cut the paneer into small cubes.
- Peel the Onions, take the outer 4 layers of each onion and cut into 1 inch squares. Finely chop the middle portions into very small pieces.
- Clean the tomatoes and chop into fine pieces.
- Clean the bell pepper and cut into 1 inch squares pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil / butter in a pan.
- Roast the cashew till light brown and take them out.
- In the same pan, add the paneer cubes. Sauté for 3-4 minutes or until light brown and take them out.
- Add 1-inch square cut pieces of onion and green bell pepper. Sauté in high frame for 2 minutes or until onion is transparent, not brown. Remove this from pan and keep it aside.
- In the remaining oil, add cumin seeds. When it changes its color, add finely chopped onion, ginger and garlic. Sauté till onion turns golden.
- Add finely chopped tomato and chilis and sauté again until tomato becomes mushy.
- Add salt, black pepper powder, red chili powder, cinnamon powder, garam masala. Stir well.
- Add honey, curd and milk cream. Mix well. Add some ¾ cup of water and let it boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the sauté mix of onion and bell pepper. Mix.
- Add the paneer cubes.
- Add the fried cashews.
- Mix gently and cover the pan for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- You may add 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Do not add water, if you like it without gravy.