Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 6 Roti
- Wheat Flour (aata): 1 cup
- Spinach: chopped, 2 cups
- Ginger: ½ teaspoon
- Green chili: 1, small
- Salt: ½ Teaspoon
- Carom Seeds: ¼ teaspoon
- Oil: 1 Teaspoon and as required to roast
- Water: As required
- Boil water in a pan. Turn off the heat. Add the chopped palak(spinach). Leave it for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water. Blend the palak with ginger and green chili to a smooth puree.
- Using flour, spinach puree, carom seeds and salt, knead a soft dough. If required use water. Add oil and knead again. Cover the dough with a wet cloth and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball into 4-6-inch diameter circle using a rolling pin.
- Heat Tawa and place the rolled circle.
- Flip it after 30 seconds.
- Spread little oil / ghee. Flip and spread little oil/ghee.
- Roast both sides until evenly cooked with golden brown spots (not black).
- Serve hot or Keep them in a casserole.
- You may make the tortilla (roti) using the tortilla maker (roti maker).