Prep Time: 4-5 hours (minimum)
Cook Time: 35 minutes
For the Beans:
- Black beans: 1 cup
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Water: 2 Cups
- Oil: 1 teaspoon
- Garlic cloves: 7-8, chopped
- Black pepper powder: ½ teaspoon
- Taco Shells: 8
- Tomato sauce: 4 tablespoons
- Onion: 1 small, finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 small, finely chopped
- Green chili: 1 small, finely chopped
- Salt: ¼ Teaspoon
- Black Pepper powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice: 1 tablespoon
- Fresh Coriander leaves: chopped, 1 tablespoon
- Fresh Mint leaves: chopped, 1 tablespoon
- Grated Cheddar / Mozzarella Cheese: 2 tablespoons
For the Black Beans’ Filling:
- Soak the black beans in 7-8 cups of water for minimum 4-5 hours or overnight. Drain the excess water.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Saute garlic pieces.
- Add black beans, salt, black pepper powder and mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water and let it boil.
- Cover the cooker and wait for 3 whistles or until beans are cooked.
For the toppings:
- In a bowl, add chopped onion, tomato, green chili, salt, black pepper powder, lemon juice, coriander leaves, mint leaves and cheese. Mix well.
- Take a taco shell, add ½ tablespoon tomato sauce.
- Fill 2 tablespoon of the black beans on each Taco shell.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the toppings mix.
- Serve immediately.
- You may prepare the Taco shells at home. Please visit http://wp.me/p8yNxk-2ap for the taco shell recipe.