Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Rice: 1 ½ Cup
- Grated Carrots: 2 Cups
- Water: as required
- Oil / ghee: 1 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Dried Red chili: 1
- Green chili: 1, chopped, crushed or paste
- Ginger: 1 teaspoon, chopped, crushed or paste
- Roasted Chana Dal (Dalia): ½ Tablespoon
- Peanuts: 1 tablespoon
- Curry Leaves: 4-5
- Salt: 1 ½ Teaspoon or taste
- Turmeric powder (Haldi): ¼ teaspoon
- Cumin powder: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Leaves: 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Cook rice till 90% done. Keep aside.
- Trim, Peel and grate the carrots.
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan. Add mustard seeds, dried red chili and curry leaves. After 30 seconds add ginger, green chili, peanuts. Roast for 1 minute and add roasted chana dal, salt, cumin powder. Mix and turn off the heat.
- Add grated carrots and turmeric powder. Mix well and cover the pan for 4 minutes in medium heat.
- Add rice, salt and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes or till rice and carrots are completely cooked.
- Turn off the heat and add coriander leaves.