- Milk: 8 cups
- Lemon juice: 1 teaspoon
- Sugar: ½ cup
- Ghee: 1 tablespoon
- Let the milk to boil in a heavy pot.
- Let it reduce to half.
- Add lemon juice. Milk will start to curdle. Do not use more lemon juice, otherwise milk will get separated in two portions, solid white and water. It should just curdle little. If milk water is more, you may take out little water from it and cook the rest of thick portion.
- Add sugar and ghee and mix continuously.
- Cook till milk water is completely evaporated. Gently stir thought out the process.
- Turn off the heat.
- Immediately transfer this to a square cake pan. Cover it with foil paper. Let it set for 2-3 hours.
- Remove the cover and cut into square or rectangular pieces.
- After transferring to the cake pan, you may garnish it with, cardamom powder (elaichi powder) and pistachios.