Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Capsicum / Bell Pepper: 4, medium sized
- Potato: 3 medium sized, boiled, peeled, chopped or mashed
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds: ½ teaspoon
- Onion: ½ onion, chopped
- Tomato: 1, chopped
- Ginger: ½ teaspoon, chopped
- Green chili: 1 chopped
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Garam masala: 1 teaspoon
- Aamchur powder: ½ teaspoon
- Red chili powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Cumin powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Heat ½ tablespoon oil in pan.
- Add cumin seeds, when it changes color, add onion and ginger. Saute till onions are light brown.
- Add tomato and green chili. Saute till tomatoes are done.
- Add mashed /chopped potato, salt, garam masala powder, aamchur powder, red chili powder and cumin powder.
- Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Take the capsicums, wash it nicely. Cut a thin slice from the top of each capsicum. Take out the seeds and pulp from the capsicums.
- Divide the potato stuff into 4 equal portions and fill each capsicum with the potato stuff completely.
- Cover them with the cut slices.
- Heat ½ tablespoon oil in a non-sticky pan.
- Add the capsicums. Cover it in medium flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip the capsicums carefully all around after every 2-3 minutes. If the capsicums are touching the pans wall, then it gets cooked quickly.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes in medium flame or until capsicums are cooked.
- Serve hot.
- You may pre-heat the oven to 350 F / 180 C. After filling the stuff in capsicums, brush it all around with little oil and place them on a baking tray. Bake for 25-30 minutes.