Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- Okra / Ladyfinger/ Bhindi: Chopped, 2 cups
- Besan (Gram flour): 1/2 cup
- Salt: 2 teaspoon or to taste
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Coriander Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Red chili powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Dry roast the besan and keep it aside.
- Clean the bhindis first using a wet napkin and then a dry napkin. Trim the edges of each bhindi and cut into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds. When it changes color, add bhindi pieces, salt and turmeric. Stir and cover for 4-5 minutes in medium heat. Bhindis should be almost (80%) cooked.
- Add gram flour, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and red chili powder and cook for 7-8 minutes in low heat. Stir occasionally.