Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- Matar (green peas): washed, 1 cup
- Paneer: Cut into ¼ inch square cubes, 1 cup
- Onion: finely chopped. 1/4th cup (1 Medium sized)
- Ginger: chopped, 1 teaspoon
- Green chili: chopped, ½ teaspoon
- Clove (Laung): 2, roughly crushed
- Cardamom (Elaichi): 1, roughly crushed
- Butter or ghee or oil: 1 tablespoon
- Water: As required
- Cumin Seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Fennel seeds (saunf): 1/2 teaspoon
- Cashew: 5-6
- Poppy seeds: 1 Tablespoon
- White sesame seeds: 1/2 tablespoon
- Milk cream or milk: ¼ Cup
- Fresh Coriander leaves: 2 Tablespoon
- Salt: ½ Tablespoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Roast the paneer cubes in 1/2 tablespoon ghee or butter until light brown and keep aside.
- Soak poppy seeds, sesame seeds and cashew nuts in ¼ cup of water for 10 minutes and blend it with the soaked water into paste. Keep this cashew paste aside.
- Blend ginger, green chili, onion and keep aside.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add fennel seeds, cumin seeds, cloves and cardamom. After 30 seconds, add ginger, chili, onion paste. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add green peas, salt, black pepper powder, garam masala power. Stir well and cover with lid. Cook it for 4-5 minutes or until peas are cooked.
- Remove the lid and add milk cream and cashew paste. Stir well and cook it for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the paneer cubes in the mix. Mix gently and cover it for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add coriander leaves.
- For Jain(no onion, garlic) recipe, do not use onion, other process is same as above.