Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
For the Veggie Pattie:
- Potato: 1 medium sized
- Carrots: 1 medium sized
- Beetroot (Beet): 1 medium sized
- Green Peas: 1 tablespoon
- Green beans: 5-6
- Sweet corn kernels: 1 tablespoon
- Onion: 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- Ginger green chili, finely chopped or paste: 1 Teaspoon
- Chat masala or garam masala: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: ½ tablespoon or to taste
- Lemon juice: a few drops
- Corn flour: ½ Cup
- Water: 1 cup
- Oil: 1 tablespoon for tempering and as needed to fry the cutlets
- Cumin seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Bread Crumbs: ¼ Cup
- Burger Bread Buns: 6
- Butter: 1 tablespoon
- Sliced Cheese: 6
- Tomato sauce: 3 Tablespoon
- Onion: 1 medium sized
- Tomato: 1 medium sized
- Green bell pepper (capsicum): 1 medium sized
- Black Salt: ¼ teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder (kali mirch): 1/2 Teaspoon
- Chat Masala Powder: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Butter: As required to toast the sandwich
- Mayonnaise: 3 tablespoons
- Lettuce salad leaves: 6 pieces, little bigger than the burger size
For the veggie patty:
- Finely chop potato, beet, carrot and beans. Boil with green peas and water. Drain water and mash it using a masher or hand.
- Boil sweet corn separately. Drain water.
- Mix corn flour and water in a bowl and make a smooth batter. Keep it aside.
- Take bread crumbs in a plate.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When it changes color, sauté onion, ginger, chili.
- Add the mashed potato, beet, carrot, peas, beans and boiled sweet corn and mix well.
- Add salt, chat masala, lemon juice and mix well.
- Fry the mix till it is completely dry and the raw smell of beet and carrot is gone.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Divide the Mix into 6 equal portions. Roll them into balls. Press each ball to make a thick circle same size as the burger bread bun size.
- Now, dip the prepared cutlet into the corn flour mix and then drop it gently into bread crumbs. Cutlet should be well coated with bread crumbs on both the sides.
- Deep fry in a pan or shallow fry the cutlets on a tawa.
For the burger dressing:
- Cut the onion, tomato, green bell pepper into thin circles.
For the Burger assembling:
- Divide each burger bun into 2 halves and roast both sides of each halves on a tawa using butter until light brown.
- Take one half of the bun, spread ½ tablespoon tomato sauce.
- Place a veggie patty on top of it.
- Place a lettuce leaf piece and 1 circle of each onion, tomato and bell pepper.
- Sprinkle some black salt, black pepper powder and chat masala.
- Dip 1 cheese slice in warm water and immediately take out. Place this on top of the onion-tomato-masala.
- Take another half of the bun, spread little mayonnaise and cover the top of it.
- Likewise make all the 6 burgers and serve.
- You may use only potato in the veggie patty.