Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Carrots: Peeled and grated, 2 cups
- Butter / oil: ½ tablespoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Turmeric Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Black pepper powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Garam masala powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Trim the edges of carrots, peel the skin, wash it and grate.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, when it changes color add grated carrots.
- Add salt and turmeric powder. Toss well. Cover it in medium heat for 7-8 minutes or till the raw smell of carrot is gone.
- Add black pepper powder and garam masala. Mix well.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes in high flame.
- Do not overcook. It tastes good when little crunchy.
- Turn off the heat.