Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Rice: 2 Cup
- Lemons Juice: 2 large lemon or 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Water: as required
- Oil / ghee: 1 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Dried Red chili: 1
- Green chili: 3, slit into 2 pieces lenthwise
- Chana Dal: 1/2 Tablespoon
- Urad Dal: 1 Teaspoon
- Peanuts: 1 Tablespoon
- Curry Leaves: 4-5
- Salt: 1 ½ Teaspoon or taste
- Turmeric powder (Haldi): ¼ teaspoon
- Sambar powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Leaves: 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Cook rice till 90% done. Keep aside.
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan. Add mustard seeds.
- After 30 seconds add chana dal, urad dal, dried red chili, curry leaves, green chili, peanuts. Stir and roast for 2 minute.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, sambar powder. Mix well.
- Add rice and lemon juice. Mix well and cover the pan for 8-10 minutes in very low heat.
- Turn off the heat and add coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with sambar and potato curry or raw banana curry