Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Rice: 1 ½ Cup
- Lemons Juice: 2 medium lemon or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Water: as required
- Oil / ghee: 1 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Dried Red chili: 1
- Green chili: 1, chopped, crushed or paste
- Ginger: 1 teaspoon, chopped, crushed or paste
- Roasted Chana Dal (Dalia): ½ Tablespoon
- Peanuts: 1 tablespoon
- Curry Leaves: 4-5
- Salt: 1 ½ Teaspoon or taste
- Turmeric powder (Haldi): ¼ teaspoon
- Cumin powder: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Leaves: 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Cook rice till 90% done. Keep aside.
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan. Add mustard seeds, dried red chili and curry leaves.
- After 30 seconds add ginger, green chili, peanuts. Roast for 1 minute.
- Add roasted chana dal, salt, turmeric powder, cumin powder. Mix well for 30 seconds.
- Add rice, lemon juice. Mix well and cover the pan for 4-5 minutes in medium heat.
- Turn off the heat and add coriander leaves.