Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Mushrooms: 2 cups or approx. 450 grams
- Onion: 1 medium sized
- Tomato: 1 medium sized
- Green Bell Pepper: ½ of a medium sized
- Ginger: finely chopped, 1 Teaspoon
- Garlic: Finely Chopped, 1 Teaspoon
- Green Chili: Finely chopped, 1 Teaspoon
- Sesame Oil / cooking oil: ½ Tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds: 1 Teaspoon
- Salt: ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Black Pepper powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Cinnamon Powder: 1 Teaspoon
- Soya Sauce: 1 tablespoon
- White Vinegar: ½ teaspoon
- Tomato sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Water: ¼ cup or as required
- Coriander Leaves: Finely chopped, 1 Tablespoon
- Lemon Juice: A few drops
- Spring onion: 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- White sesame seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Clean the mushrooms and each into 4 pieces.
- Cut onion, bell pepper, tomato lengthwise into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, when it changes color, add onion, ginger and garlic. Stir and sauté till onion turns transparent, not brown.
- Add bell pepper. Stir for 3 minutes in medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, tomato and chilis. Stir, cover and cook in medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until mushroom is almost cooked (80%). While cooking, mushroom leaves water, so it will be enough to cook the mushrooms.
- Add salt, black pepper powder, cinnamon powder, soya sauce, vinegar, tomato sauce and water. Stir well for 5-6 minutes or until mushrooms are done.
- Remove heat and garnish with spring onion, coriander leaves, sesame seeds and a few drops of lemon juice.