Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- Murmura (Puffed Rice): 6 cups
- Water: as required
- Salt: ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Onion: 1 medium sized, chopped
- Tomato: 1 medium sized, chopped
- Oil: 1 ½ Teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds: ¼ Teaspoon
- Green Chill: 1, cut into 2 pieces lengthwise
- Dried Red chili: 1, broken into 2 pieces (optional)
- Roasted chana dal (dalia) or Urad dal: ½ Tablespoon
- Peanuts: 1 Tablespoon
- Curry Leaves: 3-4
- Black pepper powder (kali mirch): ½ Teaspoon
- Coriander leaves: ½ tablespoon, chopped
- Lemon Juice: a few drops
- Soak the murmura / puffed rice and 10 cups of water for 10 minutes or till it becomes soft and mushy. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and when it splutters, add Urad/Chana dal, peanuts and dried red chili. Stir for 1 minute and add onion, green chili, curry leaves. Sauté for 2-3 minutes till onions are golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and saute for another 2-3 minutes or till it becomes mushy.
- Add the soaked murmura, salt and black pepper powder. Mix well and cover the pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add coriander leaves and lemon juice. Serve.