Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Sprite cold drink or any simple syrup: ½ of a glass
- Soda water: ½ of a glass
- Mint leaves: fresh 10 leaves, removed from the stems
- Lemon: ¼ of a medium sized lemon, cut into thin circles or 3-4 pieces.
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Ice Cubes: 2-3
- In a glass, add mint leaves, sugar, lemon cut pieces.
- Using a muddler, rolling pin or wooden spatula, muddle the mint leaves.
- Do not shred or crush or mince the leaves. The leaves should remain whole, crumpled and maybe with a few tears. The purpose of muddling is to release the fragrant and tasty oils in the leaves.
- Pour soda water and Sprite/syrup and fill the glass.
- Crush the ice cubes roughly and add in the glass.
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- Basmati Rice: ¾ Cup
- Water: as required
- Green Cardamoms: 2
- Black Cardamom: 1
- Cloves: 2
- Cinnamon stick: 1 inch piece
- Bay Leaf: 1
- Black Peppercorns: 4-5
- Salt: 1 1/2 teaspoon to taste
- Mixed Vegetables: Chopped into small pieces, 1 cup (Carrots, Green Beans, Cauliflower, potato, green peas)
- Onion: chopped lengthwise, 1 medium
- Tomato: chopped, 1 medium
- Green Chilies: chopped lengthwise, 2
- Dried Red chili: 1
- Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder: 1/8 teaspoon
- Biriyani masala or Garam Masala Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Curd: beaten, ½ Cup
- Oil / ghee: 2 Tablespoons
- Salt: ¼ Tablespoon or to taste
- Cashew: 8-10
- Saffron Strands: 8-10, soaked in 1 tablespoon Warm Milk
- Fresh Coriander Leaves: Chopped, 2 tablespoons
- Fresh Mint Leaves: Chopped, 1 tablespoon
- Wash Rice for 2-3 times and soak in water for 10 minutes. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Wash the chopped vegetables. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Soak 810 saffron strands in 1 tablespoon warm milk and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy bottom pan.
- Fry onion till golden brown. Drain the extra oil and take out the fried onions.
- Fry cashew and keep it aside for assembling at last.
- Add ½ tablespoon oil.
- Add cumin seeds, Green Cardamoms, Black Cardamom, Cloves, Cinnamon stick, Bay Leaf, Black Peppercorns. Saute 2 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste. Saute 2 minutes.
- Add Tomato and green chili and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, salt and turmeric powder. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add Red Chili and garam Masala Powder. Stir and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add curd and whisk well.
- Add the soaked rice. Do not mix rice with all ingredients. Spread the rice on top of the gravy like a separate layer.
- Spread the saffron soaked milk on rice.
- Spread the fried onion and cashews on top.
- Spread coriander and mint leaves.
- Add 2 cup of water.
- Cover the pot with airtight lid or aluminum foil and cook in very low flame for 25-30 minutes.
- Server hot.
A daily guide on “What to cook?" And "How to cook?”