Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Sprite cold drink or any simple syrup: ½ of a glass
- Soda water: ½ of a glass
- Mint leaves: fresh 10 leaves, removed from the stems
- Lemon: ¼ of a medium sized lemon, cut into thin circles or 3-4 pieces.
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Ice Cubes: 2-3
- In a glass, add mint leaves, sugar, lemon cut pieces.
- Using a muddler, rolling pin or wooden spatula, muddle the mint leaves.
- Do not shred or crush or mince the leaves. The leaves should remain whole, crumpled and maybe with a few tears. The purpose of muddling is to release the fragrant and tasty oils in the leaves.
- Pour soda water and Sprite/syrup and fill the glass.
- Crush the ice cubes roughly and add in the glass.
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- Basmati Rice: ¾ Cup
- Water: as required
- Green Cardamoms: 2
- Black Cardamom: 1
- Cloves: 2
- Cinnamon stick: 1 inch piece
- Bay Leaf: 1
- Black Peppercorns: 4-5
- Salt: 1 1/2 teaspoon to taste
- Mixed Vegetables: Chopped into small pieces, 1 cup (Carrots, Green Beans, Cauliflower, potato, green peas)
- Onion: chopped lengthwise, 1 medium
- Tomato: chopped, 1 medium
- Green Chilies: chopped lengthwise, 2
- Dried Red chili: 1
- Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder: 1/8 teaspoon
- Biriyani masala or Garam Masala Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Curd: beaten, ½ Cup
- Oil / ghee: 2 Tablespoons
- Salt: ¼ Tablespoon or to taste
- Cashew: 8-10
- Saffron Strands: 8-10, soaked in 1 tablespoon Warm Milk
- Fresh Coriander Leaves: Chopped, 2 tablespoons
- Fresh Mint Leaves: Chopped, 1 tablespoon
- Wash Rice for 2-3 times and soak in water for 10 minutes. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Wash the chopped vegetables. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Soak 8-10 saffron strands in 1 tablespoon warm milk and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy bottom pan.
- Fry onion till golden brown. Drain the extra oil and take out the fried onions.
- Fry cashew and keep it aside for assembling at last.
- Add ½ tablespoon oil.
- Add cumin seeds, Green Cardamoms, Black Cardamom, Cloves, Cinnamon stick, Bay Leaf, Black Peppercorns. Saute 2 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste. Saute 2 minutes.
- Add Tomato and green chili and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, salt and turmeric powder. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add Red Chili and garam Masala Powder. Stir and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add curd and whisk well.
- Add the soaked rice. Do not mix rice with all ingredients. Spread the rice on top of the gravy like a separate layer.
- Spread the saffron soaked milk on rice.
- Spread the fried onion and cashews on top.
- Spread coriander and mint leaves.
- Add 2 cup of water.
- Cover the pot with airtight lid or aluminum foil and cook in very low flame for 25-30 minutes.
- Server hot.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 0
- Curd: 1 Cup
- Water: ¼ Cup
- Salt: ½ teaspoon to taste
- Cumin Powder (Jeera powder): 1 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper powder or red chili powder: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Fresh Coriander Leaves: Finely chopped, 1 tablespoon
- Onion: 2 medium sized, finely chopped
- Green chili: 2, finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 medium sized, finely chopped (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients and whisk it well.
- Refrigerate the raita for 5 to 10 minutes and then serve.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Vermicelli (Seviyan): 2 cups
- Mixed vegetable: 1 carrot, 7-8 green beans, ¼ cup cauliflower, ¼ cup green peas, ¼ cup potato, chopped into small pieces.
- Sweet corn kernels: 1 tablespoon
- Water: as required
- Oil: 1 Tablespoon
- Cumin seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Onion: 1 medium, chopped lengthwise
- Green bell pepper (capsicum): ¼ of a medium, chopped lengthwise
- Ginger: ½ teaspoon, finely chopped
- Green chili: ½ Teaspoon, finely chopped
- Curry leaves: 3-4
- Peanuts: 1 tablespoon
- White sesame seeds: ½ Tablespoon (optional)
- Dalia (roasted chana dal): ½ tablespoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder: ½ teaspoon
- Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice: ½ tablespoon
- Cumin powder: 1 teaspoon
- Boil 10-11 cups water in a heavy pot.
- Add the chopped vegetables: carrot, beans, cauliflower, peas and potato. Let it boil for 7-8 minutes or till vegetables are almost cooked (80%).
- Add vermicelli (seviyan) and sweet corn.
- Let or boil for 3 minutes or till seviyan is cooked.
- Drain the mix vegetables and seviyan and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and when it changes color, add curry leaves, ginger, green chili, peanuts, dalia, sesame seeds, onion and green bell pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the seviyan and vegetables, salt, black pepper powder, cumin powder. Toss gently.
- Medium the heat and cover the pan for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add lemon juice and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Water: 1 glass
- Sattu Powder: 1 ½ tablespoon
- Cumin powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Lemon juice: 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon or to taste
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Ice cubes: 2-3
- Mint leaves: a few
- In a glass, add sattu powder, cumin powder, salt, black pepper powder, sugar.
- Pour water and fill the glass.
- Stir and mix well until all powder dissolves in the water.
- Add lemon juice and stir again.
- Add few ice cubes and mint leaves.
- Serve immediately.
A daily guide on “What to cook?" And "How to cook?”