Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Vermicelli (Seviyan): 2 cups
- Mixed vegetable: 1 carrot, 7-8 green beans, ¼ cup cauliflower, ¼ cup green peas, ¼ cup potato, chopped into small pieces.
- Sweet corn kernels: 1 tablespoon
- Water: as required
- Oil: 1 Tablespoon
- Cumin seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Onion: 1 medium, chopped lengthwise
- Green bell pepper (capsicum): ¼ of a medium, chopped lengthwise
- Ginger: ½ teaspoon, finely chopped
- Green chili: ½ Teaspoon, finely chopped
- Curry leaves: 3-4
- Peanuts: 1 tablespoon
- White sesame seeds: ½ Tablespoon (optional)
- Dalia (roasted chana dal): ½ tablespoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder: ½ teaspoon
- Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice: ½ tablespoon
- Cumin powder: 1 teaspoon
- Boil 10-11 cups water in a heavy pot.
- Add the chopped vegetables: carrot, beans, cauliflower, peas and potato. Let it boil for 7-8 minutes or till vegetables are almost cooked (80%).
- Add vermicelli (seviyan) and sweet corn.
- Let or boil for 3 minutes or till seviyan is cooked.
- Drain the mix vegetables and seviyan and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and when it changes color, add curry leaves, ginger, green chili, peanuts, dalia, sesame seeds, onion and green bell pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the seviyan and vegetables, salt, black pepper powder, cumin powder. Toss gently.
- Medium the heat and cover the pan for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add lemon juice and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.