Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Potato: small and round potatoes, 15-16
- Oil: ½ Tablespoon and more for fry
- Hing (asafetida): 1 pinch
- Onion: 1 medium sized, chopped
- Curry leaves: 4-5
- Ginger: ½ Teaspoon, chopped
- Garlic: ½ Teaspoon, chopped
- Tomato: 2 medium sized, chopped
- Green chili: 2
- Kashmiri Dried red chili: 2
- Cashew nut: 7-8
- Poppy seeds: 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Saunf (Fennel seeds): ½ teaspoon
- Salt: 2 Teaspoon or to taste
- Turmeric: 1 Teaspoon or to taste
- Red chili powder: ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Beaten curd or fresh milk cream: ½ cup
- Red food color: a few drops
- Water: 1 Cup or as required
- Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon
- Blend onion, curry leaves, ginger, garlic to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Blend tomato, Kashmiri dried red chili and green chili to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Using little water blend cashew nuts and poppy seeds to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Boil the potatoes.
- Peel the skin. If the size of the potato is big, cut into 2-4 pieces.
- Deep fry or shallow fry in 2 tablespoon oil till golden brown all around.
- Take out the fried potatoes on a plate.
- Prick them on 2-3 places using a fork.
- Sprinkle salt according to the potato. Keep it aside
- Heat ½ Tablespoon oil in the same pan.
- Add hing, cumin seeds and saunf (fennel seeds).
- After 30 seconds, add the onion paste. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and sauté for another 2 minutes
- Add Cashew and poppy seeds paste and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add salt according to the gravy. Add turmeric, red chili powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, red food color, milk cream, water. Stir and let it boil.
- Once it starts to boil, lower the heat and cover the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the fried potatoes. Mix gently. Potatoes should be well coated with the gravy.
- Cover the pan and cook in medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add coriander leaves and serve.