Prep Time: 1-2 weeks
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Raw green mango: 2 large
- Salt: 3 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder(haldi): 2 teaspoons
- Mustard Oil: ¾ cup
- Mustard seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Methi seeds (Fenugreek seeds): ½ teaspoon
- Kalonji (black seeds / kala jeera): ½ Teaspoon
- Saunf (Fennel seeds): 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder: 6 teaspoons
- Mustard powder: 4 teaspoons
- Aamchur powder: 4 teaspoons
- Wash the mangoes and pat dry them.
- Cut into 2 halves and take out the seed.
- Cut into small inch cube pieces. Do not peel them.
- In a glass bowl, add the mango pieces, salt and turmeric powder. Toss well and leave it in Sun to dry. You may keep in room temperature as well.
- After sometime, salt will leave water, so the mix will become watery.
- Let it dry completely. Depending on the temperature, it may take 2-3 days or 1 week.
- Once it is dried, add red chili powder, mustard powder and aamchur powder. Mix well.
- Heat mustard oil in a small pan. Let it smoky hot.
- Turn off the heat.
- Immediately add mustard seeds, kalonji, saunf and methi seeds. Stir for 1 minute and add this to the mango bowl.
- Mix well and keep it in Sun for another 1 week.
- Transfer to a glass jar. Press the mango pieces, so the oil will come on the top.
- Use it for 1 month.
- If you keep it in refrigerator and you may use it for 6 months.