Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Rice: 1 ½ Cup
- Water: 4 Cup
- Raw green mango: 2 medium sized
- Water: as required
- Oil / ghee: 1 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- onion: 1, chopped
- Dried Red chili: 1
- Green chili: 1, chopped, crushed or paste
- Ginger: 1 teaspoon, chopped, crushed or paste
- Roasted Chana Dal (Dalia): ½ Tablespoon
- Peanuts: 1 tablespoon
- Curry Leaves: 4-5
- Salt: 1 ½ Teaspoon or taste
- Turmeric powder (Haldi): ¼ teaspoon
- Cumin powder: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Leaves: 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Trim, Peel, deseed and cut the mangoes into small ½-inch pieces.
- Heat oil/ghee in a pot / pressure cooker. Add mustard seeds, dried red chili and curry leaves.
- After 30 seconds add onion, ginger, green chili, peanuts. Roast for 1 minute.
- Add roasted chana dal, mango pieces, salt, turmeric powder. Mix well and stir for 1 minute.
- Add rice and cumin powder. Mix well.
- Add water and let it boil.
- Once water starts to boil, lower the heat and cover the pot / pressure cooker.
- Simmer for 15 minutes in low heat till rice is cooker. If you are using pressure cooker wait till 1 whistle in high flame or switch off after 15 minutes in low flame before whistle.
- Turn off the heat.
- Wait till steam escapes from pressure cooker.
- Remove the lid add coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
- Checkout all the recipes using Mango as main ingredient in this link: https://snehdeepskitchen.com/category/recipes-by-ingredients/mango/