Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
For the Black Bean Pattie:
- Black bean: 1 cup
- Potato: 2 medium sized
- Ginger green chili, finely chopped or paste: 1 Teaspoon
- Chat masala or garam masala: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: ½ tablespoon or to taste
- Lemon juice: a few drops
- Corn flour: ¼ Cup
- Water: ¼ cup
- Bread Crumbs: ¼ Cup
- Oil: As need to deep fry or shallow fry the cutlets
- Burger Bread Buns: 6
- Butter: 1 tablespoon or as required to toast the sandwich
- Sliced Cheese: 6
- Onion: 1 medium sized
- Tomato: 1 medium sized
- Green bell pepper (capsicum): 1 medium sized
- Black Salt: ¼ teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder (kali mirch): 1/2 Teaspoon
- Chat Masala Powder: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Mayonnaise: 3 tablespoons
- Tomato sauce: 3 Tablespoon
- Lettuce salad leaves: 6 pieces, little bigger than the burger size
For the black bean patty:
- Wash the black bean 2-3 times and soak in water for 5-6 hours.
- Boil the black beans with salt and water.
- Drain the excess water.
- Mash the black beans.
- Boil potato, peel and mash. Add it in the mashed black beans.
- Add ginger, chili, salt, chat masala, lemon juice and mix well.
- Mix corn flour and water in a bowl and make a smooth batter. Keep it aside.
- Take bread crumbs in a plate.
- Divide the bean potato mix into 6 equal portions. Roll them into balls. Press each ball to make a thick circle same size as the burger bread bun size.
- Now, dip the prepared cutlet into the corn flour mix and then drop it gently into bread crumbs. Cutlet should be well coated with bread crumbs on both the sides.
- Deep fry in a pan or shallow fry the cutlets on a tawa.
For the burger dressing:
- Cut the onion, tomato, green bell pepper into thin circles.
For the Burger assembling:
- Divide each burger bun into 2 halves and roast both sides of each halves on a tawa using butter until light brown.
- Take one half of the bun, spread ½ tablespoon tomato sauce.
- Place a bean patty on top of it.
- Place a lettuce leaf piece and 1 circle of each onion, tomato and bell pepper.
- Sprinkle some black salt, black pepper powder and chat masala.
- Dip the cheese slice in little warm water and place on the patty.
- Take another half of the bun, spread little mayonnaise and cover the top of it.
- Likewise make all the 6 burgers and serve.