Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Kuttu ka aata: 1 cup
- Water: ¾ Cup or as required to make a thick dosa batter
- Lauki (bottle gourd): 1/4 of a medium sized (optional)
- Ginger: 1/2 teaspoon, crushed or paste
- Green chili: 1/2 teaspoon, crushed or paste
- Cumin Seeds: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Upvas Salt or rock salt (sendha namak): 1 Teaspoon or to taste
- Black Pepper Powder: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Lemon Juice: A few drops
- Fresh Coriander Leaves: 1 Tablespoon, finely chopped
- Oil: As required to roast the dosa / chilla
- Wash the lauki. Peel, deseed and grate them.
- In a bowl, add flour, salt, grated potato, ginger, chili, pepper powder, lemon juice, coriander leaves. Mix well and using water make a smooth dosa batter. It should be little thick, but flowing consistency. Whisk the batter well.
- Heat a non-sticky tawa in medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoon of the batter and spread it to a 5-6-inch diameter circle.
- Pour 1 teaspoon oil over the dosa evenly and cover the tawa.
- It takes long time to cook and should be cooked over medium heat, never in high heat.
- After 2-3 minutes, flip the dosa and again pour ½ teaspoon oil over the dosa evenly and cover the tawa.
- After 2-3 minutes, remove the cover and roast the dosa for another 2-3 minutes flipping both sides and making it crispy.
- Remove and make other dosas.
- You may make it in mini dosa/chilla pan as well.
- Serve with green chutney made with sendha namak.