Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 0
- Kale leaves: 4, washed and chopped
- Spinach leaves: 1 cup, washed and chopped
- Cucumber: ½ of medium sized, washed, peeled and chopped
- Green Apple: 1, trimmed and chopped
- Ginger: ½ inch, chopped
- Lemon juice: of ½ lemon
- Water: 4 cups
- Jalapeno: 1/4 of a medium size or as per your spice level
- Ice cubes: 5-6
- Blend all the ingredients other than water and ice cubes, in a blender or juicer until smooth. Add water and blend again. Add little water at a time.
- Strain the mixture.
- Pour the juice over some ice cubes in a glass.
- Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 16 pakoras
- Onion: 3 medium sized Onion
- Water: As required
- Gram Flour (Besan): 1/4 cup
- Rice Flour: 2 Tablespoon
- Corn Flour: 2 Tablespoon
- Salt: 1 ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Red chili powder: ½ teaspoon
- Carom Seeds (Ajwain): 1/2 Teaspoon
- Green chili: 2, finely chopped or crushed
- Curry leaves: 4-5, chopped
- Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Ginger: 1 teaspoon, finely chopped, crushed or paste.
- Garlic: 3-4 cloves, finely chopped, crushed or paste.
- Red food color: 1 pinch (optional)
- Oil: As required for deep frying
- Black Salt: 1 pinch
- Chat masala: 1 pinch
- Cut each onion into 2 halves and chop the halves into thin pieces lengthwise.
- Take the Onions in a bowl.
- Add besan, rice flour, corn flour, salt, red chili powder, carom seeds, ginger, garlic, chili, red food color to the Onion. Mix well. Add little water at a time to make a thick paste or smooth dough, enough to make balls.
- Divide the dough into 16 equal portions.
- Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry the pakoras in medium flame. flipping all around until crispy.
- Once fried, remove using spatula, drain excess oil and put them on a kitchen napkin.
- Sprinkle black salt or chat masala all over the prepared pakoras.
- Serve with Tomato sauce and green chutney.
- You may leave the dough in freeze for 10 minutes before making balls from the dough. It tightens the dough and helps to give proper shape.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Besan: ½ cup
- Salt: ½ teaspoon or to taste
- Turmeric powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Cumin seeds: ¼ teaspoon
- Cooking soda: ¼ teaspoon
- Oil: ½ tablespoon
- Water: as required
For the Rice:
- Cooked Rice: 3cups
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Oil: 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds: ¼ teaspoon
- Ginger: ½ teaspoon, finely chopped
- Green chili: 1, finely chopped
- Onion: ½ of a medium sized, finely chopped
- Tomato: 1, finely chopped
- Asafoetida (hing): 1 pinch
- Water: ½ cup
- Turmeric: ½ teaspoon
- Red chili powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Garam masala Powder: ½ teaspoon
- Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
For the gatte:
- Using the gatte ingredients, make a very stiff dough. Use little water at a time to check the dough consistency.
- Cover the dough and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a long cylinder of ¼ inch diameter and approx. 6 inch lengthy. Cut the cylinder into 1 inch pieces.
- Boil 7-8 cups of water in a pot.
- Once water starts to boil add the gatte pieces and let It boil in high flame for 8-10 minutes or until it is not sticky.
- Drain the excess water.
For the rice:
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, when it changes color, add ginger and onion.
- Saute till onions and light brown.
- Add tomato, hing and green chili. Saute till tomatoes and cooked.
- Add the cooked gatte, turmeric powder, red chili powder and garam masala powder. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked rice and salt. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add coriander leaves and serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Mixed Vegetables: 4 cups, washed and chopped in small pieces (2 Potato, 2 Carrot, 7-8 green Beans, ½ cup cauliflower, handful of Peas, 2 small eggplant, 1/4th of a bottle gourd or lauki)
- Salt: 1 1/2 Teaspoon or to taste
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Oil: 2 Teaspoons
- Cumin seed: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Curry leaves: 5-6
- Green chili: 2, cut into halves, lengthwise
- Dried Red chili: 1
- Black Peppercorns (kali mirch): 8-10
- Cinnamon Stick: 1 small pieces (1-inch)
- Cardamom: 1
- Clove: 1
- Onion: 1 small, finely chopped
- Water: 2 Cup
- Coconut Milk: 1 cup
- Heat oil in a pot. Add cumin seeds.
- After 30 seconds, add onion, green chili, red dried chili, curry leaves, cinnamon stick, cardamon, clove and peppercorns. Saute for 3 minutes or till onions are transparent, not brown.
- Add the vegetables, salt, turmeric powder and water. Cover the pan for 15-20 minutes or till vegetables are almost (80%) cooked. You may use any choice of vegetables.
- Add coconut milk, lower the heat and simmer the gravy in low heat for another 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot.
Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Ripe Chikoo: 2
- Milk: 2 Cups
- Sugar: 1 tablespoons
- Vanilla extract: ½ teaspoon
- Vanilla Ice cream: 2 scoops
- Ice Cubes: 4-6
- Peel and cut the Chikoo into small pieces. Deep fridge them in refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Blend the frozen Chikoo, sugar, milk, ice cream, vanilla extract until smooth.
- While serving, add 2-3 ice cubes in a glass, pour the Chikoo shake.
- You may add some Chikoo pieces in the shake while serving.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Brussels Sprouts: 18-20, Washed, trimmed and cut into halves,
- Oil / Butter: 2 Teaspoon
- Salt: 1 ½ teaspoon or to taste
- Black Pepper powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Dried Oregano: 1 teaspoon
- Garlic powder: ½ teaspoon
- Lemon Juice: 4-5 drops
- Preheat the oven to 350-degree F or 180-degree C
- Mix all the ingredients
- Place a baking sheet on the baking tray. (Optional)
- Place the ingredients on the baking tray.
- Cover the tray with a lid or aluminum foil paper.
- Prick the foil paper’s 1 or 2 places with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Take out and remove the cover.
- Bake again for 15 minutes or till cooked.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Serves: 11 Pedas
- Grated or powdered Coconut: 1 cup
- Milkmaid or Condensed Milk: 3 tablespoons
- Ghee: 1 Tablespoon
- Pistachios: chopped, for garnish
- Cardamom Powder: 1 pinch
- Heat ghee in a non-sticky pan.
- Add the coconut and roast for 4-5 minutes in medium heat.
- Add condensed milk and cardamom powder.
- Mix well and cook for another 4-5 minutes or till it is dry. Not completely dry and not watery. It should be like thick paste or smooth dough. Stir and fold the mix gently in every 30 seconds.
- Turn off the heat.
- Place a parchment paper or butter paper on a square container or tiffin box.
- Add the paste on the paper inside the box.
- Press it make a smooth square or rectangular shape with 1 ½ inch thickness.
- Cut it into square or rectangular pieces.
- Garnish with Pistachios.
- Let it set for 10 minutes.
A daily guide on “What to cook?" And "How to cook?”