Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
For the Coconut Paste:
- Powdered Coconut: 1/4 cup
- Curd: ½ cup
- Water: ¼ cup
For the veggies:
- Mixed Vegetables: 2 cups, washed and chopped in small pieces (2 Potato, 2 Carrot, 7-8 green Beans, ½ cup cauliflower, handful of Peas, 2 drumsticks, 1/4th of a bottle gourd or lauki)
- Salt: 2 Teaspoon or to taste
- Turmeric powder (haldi): 2 teaspoons
For the tempering:
- Oil: 2 teaspoons
- Cumin seed: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Curry leaves: 5-6
- Green chili: 2, cut into halves, lengthwise
- Dried Red chili: 2
- Black Peppercorns (kali mirch): 8-10
- If you are using grated or raw coconut, grind it to paste using little water. If using coconut powder, no need to grind.
- Whisk curd in a bowl. Add the coconut paste and water. Whisk well and keep aside.
- In a pot 4 cups of water. Once it starts to boil, add the vegetables, salt and turmeric powder. Medium the heat and cover the pan for 9-10 minutes or till all vegetables are almost cooked (90%). You may pressure cooker them in high heat and turn off the heat before the 1st whistle. Wait for 5 minutes and open the lid. Turn on the heat again and continue the next process.
- Remove the cover and add the curd coconut paste in this vegetable pot. Mix well and stir gently. Lower the heat and let it simmer.
- Heat oil in another small pan. Add cumin seeds, green chili, red dried chili, curry leaves and peppercorns. Saute for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Add this tempering to the vegetable curd mix.
- Stir well and simmer for 2-3 minutes or till vegetables are all well-cooked.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot.