Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Mixed Vegetables: 2 cups, washed and chopped in small pieces (2 Potato, 2 Carrot, 7-8 green Beans, ½ cup cauliflower, handful of Peas, 1/4th of a bottle gourd or lauki)
- Salt: 1 1/2 Teaspoon or to taste
- Oil: 2 Teaspoons
- Cumin seed: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Curry leaves: 5-6
- Green chili: 2, cut into halves, lengthwise
- Dried Red chili: 1
- Black Peppercorns (kali mirch): 8-10
- Cinnamon Stick: 1 small pieces (1-inch)
- Cardamom: 1
- Clove: 1
- Onion: 1 small, finely chopped
- Water: 2 Cup
- Coconut Milk: 1 cup
- Heat oil in a pot. Add cumin seeds.
- After 30 seconds, add onion, green chili, red dried chili, curry leaves, cinnamon stick, cardamon, clove and peppercorns. Saute for 3 minutes or till onions are transparent, not brown.
- Add the vegetables, salt and water. Cover the pan for 8-10 minutes or till vegetables are almost (80%) cooked.
- Add coconut milk, lower the heat and simmer the gravy in low heat for another 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot.