Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Serves: 11 Pedas
- Grated or powdered Coconut: 1 cup
- Milkmaid or Condensed Milk: 3 tablespoons
- Ghee: 1 Tablespoon
- Pistachios: chopped, for garnish
- Cardamom Powder: 1 pinch
- Heat ghee in a non-sticky pan.
- Add the coconut and roast for 4-5 minutes in medium heat.
- Add condensed milk and cardamom powder.
- Mix well and cook for another 4-5 minutes or till it is dry. Not completely dry and not watery. It should be like thick paste or smooth dough. Stir and fold the mix gently in every 30 seconds.
- Turn off the heat.
- Place a parchment paper or butter paper on a square container or tiffin box.
- Add the paste on the paper inside the box.
- Press it make a smooth square or rectangular shape with 1 ½ inch thickness.
- Cut it into square or rectangular pieces.
- Garnish with Pistachios.
- Let it set for 10 minutes.