Prep Time: 4-5 hours
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Milk: 3 cups
- Milkmaid or Sweetened Condensed Milk: 1/2 Cup
- Sabudana: 3/4 cup
- Cardamom (Elaichi Powder): 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry fruits (cashew, almonds, pistachios, raisins): 2 Tablespoon
- Saffron: a few strands
- Ghee: ½ tablespoon
- Soak the sabudana in water for minimum 4-5 hours or overnight.
- In a heavy pan, heat ghee.
- Roast the cashew and almonds. Take them out and keep aside.
- Add sabudana in the remaining ghee. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add milk in the pan and let It boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and let it on heat until for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add milkmaid and mix well. Simmer for another 7-8 minutes or till sabudanas are completely cooked.
- Turn of the heat and garnish with cardamom powder, saffron strands, pistachios, raisins and roasted cashew and almond nuts.
- Serve hot, or let it cool completely. Then refrigerate for 1 hour and serve cool.
- You may make this without milkmaid as well. Use 6 cups of milk and let it reduce to half quantity, then add 3/4 cup of sugar. Other processes are same as above.
- Please check the below slideshow for the recipe pictures.