Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Bread Slice: 8
- Besan (Gram flour): ½ Cup
- Rice Flour: ¼ cup
- Water: ½ cup or as required
- Salt: 1 ½ teaspoon or to taste
- Ajwain (carrom seeds): ½ teaspoon
- Red chili powder: ½ teaspoon
- Cooking oil: as required for frying
- Heat oil for deep fry.
- Add besan, rice flour, salt, carrom seeds, red chili powder in a bowl. Mix all.
- Add water and make a smooth batter. Not too thin, not too thick, a semi thick batter.
- Now cut each bread’s ½ inch thick edges. All 4 edges. Keep the middle soft portion to make sandwich. We will not use the middle soft portion in this recipe.
- Now dip each edge piece into the besan batter and gently coat all around.
- Deep fry them in hot oil or, shallow fry on tawa, until golden brown and crispy.
- Take them out on a kitchen napkin.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato sauce.
- Enjoy with ginger tea.
- Do not leave the bread edges dipped in the batter for more time. Otherwise, bread would be soggy and would crumble in the batter.